As a result of a vision of Bro. Charles Simple, feeling the need of a Baptist Church to worship God in the area, Mount Zion Baptist Church was organized. The church was organized by the Rev. T. M. Hall in February 19, 1928. The founding members were Charles Simple, Henry Simple, Carrie Simple, Rev. J. C. Mack, Sr., and Rev. John Owens. The Rev. J. C. Mack, Sr. was called as Pastor; Charles Simple, Deacon; Carrie L. Simple, Secretary, Henry Simple, Treasurer. The name of the church was later called Greater Mount Zion Baptist Church.